About the course
In this course, you will develop a complete program on particle fire explosion, which involves uses of graphics libraries along with fundamental and advanced concepts of C++ programming. This course covers the fundamental concepts of C++ programming including working with operators, functions, loops etc. Advanced concepts like object-oriented programming are also covered in this course, which includes working with classes and objects, using Inheritance and encapsulation etc. In addition to this, the course covers the use of SDL, which is a graphics library, and a vital part in the development of a game or a GUI application. The comprehensive use of SDL has been demonstrated to produce an incredible program on particle fire explosion.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the syntax and semantics of the C++ programming language.
- Write inline functions for efficiency and performance.
- Create C++ classes for code reuse.
- Implement copy constructors and class member functions.
- Understand the concept of data abstraction and encapsulation.
- Learn how to overload functions and operators in C++.
- Learn how inheritance and virtual functions implement dynamic binding with polymorphism.
- Design and implement generic classes with C++ templates.
- Learn how to Implement SDL graphic libraries to develop a GUI based programs.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science or Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science and engineering teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All IT professionals from software programming domain.
Why learn C++?
C++ is one of the most useful and complex programming languages with a huge area of application in the IT/Software industry. C++ overrides the complexities of 3D games, optimizes resource management and facilitates multiplayer with networking. Many highly used applications, such as Image Ready, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator, are scripted in C++. Prospects are bright for candidates with knowledge of programming languages like C++. Demand for professionals with a deep knowledge of object-oriented programming using C++ arrays, and C++ structures, and C++ objects is very high. C++ for gaming projects is very popular. So anybody familiar with C++ programming can make a career as a gaming professional.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 16 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
Certification requires you to complete all the lectures, quizzes, and the final test. Your certificate will be generated online after successful completion of course.
Topics to be covered
- Using C++ Source Code File
- Hello World
- Outputting Text
- User Input
- Binary Numbers and Memory
- Integer Variable Types
- Floating Point Variable Types
- Char and Bool
- The 'If' Statement
- Complex Conditions
- While Loops
- The Do While Loop
- 'For' Loops
- Break and Continue
- Multidimensional Arrays
- Sizeof and Arrays
- Sizeof Multidimensional Arrays
- Switch - Choosing Between Alternatives
- Functions - Using Subroutines in C++
- Return Values
- Function Parameters
- Headers and Prototypes
- Data Members
- Constructors and Destructors
- Getters and Setters
- String Streams; Adding Number to Strings
- Overloading Constructors
- The 'this' Keyword; A First Taste of Pointers
- Constructor Initialization Lists
- Pointers; Where C++ Starts to Get Tricky
- Arithmetic Operators
- Pointers and Arrays
- Pointer Arithmetic; Adding, Subtracting and Comparing Pointers
- Char Arrays
- Reversing a String
- The "const" Keyword
- Copy Constructors
- The "New" Keyword
- Returning Objects from Functions
- Allocating Memory
- Arrays and Functions
- Constructor Inheritance
- Two's Complement
- Static Variables
- Particle Fire Explosion
- Using C++ Libraries
- Acquiring Simple Direct Media Layer
- A Basic SDL Program
- Creating an SDL Window
- Textures, Renders and Buffers
- Setting Pixel Colors
- Creating the Screen Class
- Bit Shifting and Colors
- Adding a Set Pixel Method
- Animating Colors
- Creating Particles
- Animating Particles
- Creating an Explosion
- Ensuring Constant Speed
- Bitwise 'And'
- Implementing Box Blur
- Realistic Particle Motion
- Languages Overview
- What Next
- Object Oriented Design Considerations
- Understanding Postfix and Prefix
- Static Creating Libraries
- Programming in C++ Final-Quiz