About the course
This course provides you, the understanding of the benefits of MVC design over traditional ASP.NET Web Forms. The course provides knowledge of the role of Model, View, and Controller in integrating them to develop the complete web application. You will also understand how Routing API requests are mapped to action methods in the controller. This course covers Razor Syntax Fundamentals, Layout View, Sections and Partial Views, Architecture of Config File, Appsettings, Exception Handling and Encrypting Connection String, Sharing data across requests from same client/user using Cookies and Session management etc. So, this course is a comprehensive package for you, if you are interested in learning MVC.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the Microsoft Web Technologies stack.
- Develop web applications using Model View Control.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses, and wish to learn web development using Microsoft ASP.NET.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or improve their efficiency in ASP.NET MVC.
Professionals: All working professionals who want to enhance their skills by learning ASP.NET MVC.
Why learn MVC?
ASP.NET MVC has many features that enable fast testing-friendly approach used for creating polished online services which use advanced web standards. ASP.NET MVC makes management of complexity easier by dividing the applications into a good model-view-controller. ASP.NET MVC provides better support for test-driven development, that helps in working of web applications which are supported by the large teams of ASP.NET MVC developers enabling the application design with rich routing software. The demand for professionals with comprehensive knowledge of building web-based applications using ASP.NET MVC has increased within and outside of the country.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 8 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Hands-on practice: Includes source code files for hands-on practice.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
Certification requires you to complete all the lectures, quizzes, and the final test. Your certificate will be generated online after successful completion of course.
Topics to be covered
- Creating the MV & C components in Web app
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core MVC
- Creating a Project
- How web app displays the page
- Adding a Controller
- Views in MVC
- Creating a View
- Creating a Model
- Generating Views & Controllers on Model
- Analysing the generated Views & Controllers
- Migrations in .NET Core
- Putting it all together
- Seeding the database - 1
- Seeding the database - 2
- MVC Web app - Advanced
- Analyzing Controller methods - 1
- Analyzing Controller methods - 2
- Search Functionality - 1
- Search Functionality - 2
- Adding a new field
- Validation Logic
- How validation works
- Startup & Program classes
- Working with Entity Framework Core
- Creating models for Public School App
- Generating Context files, Seeding data for Public School App
- Scaffold controllers & views
- Add the table to the Details page
- Sorting data in the table
- Adding Search
- Grouping data
- Pagination - 1
- Pagination - 2
- Pagination - 3
- Improving upon the model
- Creating advanced model
- Creating the model in Visual Studio
- Creating Composite key
- Seeding DB
- Handling related data
- Important concepts to understand in LINQ
- Creating Course page with related department
- Plan for the Instructor page
- Create Domain Model for Instructor
- Instructor Controller
- Displaying courses and Enrollments
- Creating the Views for Instructors
- Inheritance - 1
- Inheritance - 2
- Performance improvement
- Bundling & Minification - 1
- Bundling & Minification - 2
- Using Gulp - 1
- Using Gulp - 2
- ASP.NET Core MVC Final Quiz