About the course
Through this course, you will be proficient in the Agile and Scrum values, concepts, artifacts, and techniques. In this course, you will learn to write, estimate and break down user stories, internalize scrum processes and meetings, gain practical working knowledge, and become industry ready to lead high performing scrum teams. This course covers the fundamental concepts, principles, and methods of Agile development, and get a fast start towards executing your plans for incorporating Agile practices and techniques into your organization. This course will give you the foundation of knowledge you need to begin. It is a starting point for you to acquire the techniques, skills, and tools that enable you to build an Agile discipline. In addition to this, the course covers roles in an Agile framework, planning in Scrum.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Perform Scrum Release Planning and Scrum Sprint Planning.
- Carry out a sprint with daily Scrum meetings.
- Use Scrum with multiple, or distributed project teams.
- Estimate user stories and tasks using planning poker.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science or Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All IT professionals.
Why learn Scrum?
Scrum is one of the most renowned frameworks which is used for the implementation of Agile software development. Scrum is a lightweight agile process framework, which is used primarily for managing software development. In the past two decades, Scrum has become the standard for agile development with more than 90 percent of teams today using Scrum to deliver working software. Career prospects are bright for candidates with knowledge of Scrum, and there is a huge demand for the professionals with working knowledge of Scrum framework. Therefore, you can go ahead with this course if you want to stand differently in the market.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 6 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
Certification requires you to complete all the lectures, quizzes, and the final test. Your certificate will be generated online after successful completion of course.
Topics to be covered
- Scrum Introduction
- Framework of Scrum
- Agile Buzzwords & Principles
- Sprints Introduction
- User Stories
- Product Backlog
- Concept of Estimation & Velocity - What, When and How?
- Cutting Corners - The Concept of Technical Debt
- Roles in the Agile Framework
- Product Owner
- ScrumMaster / Team Lead
- Implementation Team Members
- Team Management and Structures
- Planning in Scrum
- Planning: Getting it right!
- Planning Stakeholders
- Important Planning Types - Portfolio, Product and Sprint
- What happens in a Sprint?
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Flow Management & Execution
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Scrum: Takeaways
- Agile Software Development Final Quiz